WCR UK carries a large variety of plate heat exchanger replacement plates in our Chesterfield warehouse. As a result, all stock is available for fast delivery. We can have your plate heat exchanger up and running again quickly and efficiently. Our goal is to save you minimal downtime.
We also carry all heat exchanger parts needed for plate heat exchanger servicing, repair and cleaning for all models of heat exchangers. Our own WCR UK engineers are also available to visit your site to carry out a number of on-site services.
Our goal is to save you minimal downtime. We also carry all heat exchanger parts needed for plate heat exchanger servicing, repair and cleaning for all models of heat exchangers. Our own WCR UK engineers are also available to visit your site to carry out a number of on-site services.
We fully train our staff in all aspects of our plate heat exchanger servicing and repair including PCN* approved non-destructive testing using a fluorescein dye penetrant.
As part of plate heat exchanger servicing, we carry out the below;
- Logging in of plates so that the heat exchanger can be reassembled correctly.
- Removal of old gaskets.
- High pressure washing down of plates to remove product build-up/scale.
- Non-abrasive chemical clean to remove deposits and make sure the heat transfer area remains effective and efficient.
- Lightbox test for detection of large visible holes and cracks.
- Dye penetrant test for crack and pinhole detection in the plates. Critical to preventing fluid crossover.
- Removal of dye penetrant fluid.
- Visual inspection for surface wear and pitting corrosion.
- Re-shaping of gasket groove to ensure the heat exchanger gaskets will seal properly against the following plate. (If necessary).
- Removal of any glue/deposits in the heat exchanger gasket groove that may prevent proper gasket seating or adhesion of glue type gaskets using an acetone-based solvent.
- Full re-gasketing with the same material and method of attachment unless otherwise specified by the customer.
- For glue in gaskets we check the plate pack is clamped and oven cured.
- We also check for correct positioning and adhesion on all gaskets before the pack is reassembled.
- Heat exchangers sent as a complete unit including the frame are rebuilt and tested for leaks and crossover under a hydrostatic pressure test, before being sent back to the customer. We also recondition the frame where needed to prolong its useful life cycle.
*Personal Certification in Non-Destructive Testing for all heat exchanger repairs
To discuss or arrange a heat exchanger service please contact us on 01246 856396.