Heat Exchanger Servicing
WCR staff are fully trained in all aspects of our service and heat exchanger repair including PCN* approved non-destructive testing using a fluorescein dye penetrant.
We carry all heat exchanger parts needed for servicing all models of plate heat exchangers.
To discuss or arrange a heat exchanger service please contact us on 01246 856396 or by using this form.
Our full service involves:
- Logging in of plates so that the heat exchanger can be reassembled correctly.
- Removal of old gaskets.
- High pressure washing down of plates to remove product build up/scale.
- Non-abrasive chemical clean to remove deposits and make sure the heat transfer area remains effective and efficient.
- Lightbox test for detection of large visible holes and cracks.
- Dye penetrant test for crack and pinhole detection in the plates. Critical to prevent fluid crossover.
- Removal of dye penetrant fluid.
- A visual inspection for surface wear and pitting corrosion.
- Re-shaping of gasket groove to ensure the heat exchanger gaskets will seal properly against the following plate. (If necessary).
- Removal of any glue/deposits in the heat exchanger gasket groove that may prevent proper gasket seating or adhesion of glue type gaskets using an acetone based solvent.
- Full regasketing with the same material and method of attachment unless otherwise specified by the customer.
- For glue in gaskets the plate pack is clamped and oven cured.
- All gaskets are checked for correct positioning and adhesion before the pack is reassembled.
- Additionally to the full service – If the heat exchanger is sent as a complete unit including the frame, it will then be rebuilt and tested for leaks and crossover under a hydrostatic pressure test before being sent back to the customer. We also recondition the frame where needed to prolong its useful life cycle.
*Personal Certification in Non-Destructive Testing for all heat exchanger repairs